In this book and the accompany resources, you’ll develop an understanding of the billing process from start to finish so that you can create the billing policies and procedures that make the most sense for the way you want your practice to work. You’ll learn all about billing, coding, and documentation, both in-network and out-of-network.
Basically, we’re all tearing our hair out trying to figure out how to get ourselves paid and our clients reimbursed. Any frustration you are feeling has been felt throughout our community. However, the fight for reimbursement is absolutely worth fighting. We may not win, but the law is on our side and we can harness the tools available for good and get our services covered.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding insurance codes and applying them to your specific situation
- In-network billing
- Out of network billing
- Superbill templates suitable for use in any paperless or paper workflow
- Creating and submitting claims
- The in-network application process
- Working with a biller
- "Incident to" billing
- Avoiding insurance fraud
- Detailed, granular billing workflows for popular EHR charting platforms, including IntakeQ, Practice Better, ChARM, Jane and Mobile Lactation Consultant
- Controversies in lactation insurance billing—where you’ll get all sides of the story